|Version 4 (modified by jbronn, 4 years ago) (diff)|
These tickets and features are a high priority for inclusion into django.contrib.gis for the Django 1.2 release.
Multiple Database Support
- Extend GSoC multiple-db features to GeoDjango
- All SpatialBackend components will be moved into full-fledged database backends
- Related Bugfixes (multi-db refactoring should solve, or make easy to solve)
- Apply any necessary changes to make GSoC admin-ui compatible.
- PostGIS only, but considering support for SpatiaLite 2.4
- #11433: Complete support for 3D Geometries
- #12154: OGRGeometry coordinate dimension change upon transform
PostGIS Geography Support
- Add support for the PostGIS 1.5 geography type.
- #5472: Implement individual map widgets for geometry fields.
- Related tickets:
GEOS API Thread Safety
- #10923: Use thread-safe GEOS API
- #10594: Filter out NULL geometries
- #11854: Add support for PostGIS ST_Azimuth
- Also considering: ST_GeoHash, ST_ForceRHR, ST_MinimumBoundingCircle
- GeoQuerySet method "in-place" option?
Other Tickets and Features
These tickets/features will be considered for inclusion into GeoDjango for 1.2, but there are no guarantees as core developer time is scarce. To increase chances of being accepted, the ticket should have a patch, tests, and as much documentation as possible.
- #11948: Linear referencing