Reference TurnKey Django software appliance in installation documentation
|Reported by:||Liraz||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
I am one of the developers for TurnKey Linux, an opensource project
that aims to develop high-quality software appliances that are easy to
use, easy to deploy, and free. Our motto is "everything that can be
easy, should be easy!"
We recently released TurnKey Django, an easy-to-use, lightweight,
installable live CD of the Django web framework that can run on real
hardware in addition to most types of virtual machines. It is designed
to provide users with a pre-integrated, turn-key operating system
environment that is carefully built from the ground up with the
minimum components needed to run Django web applications with maximum
usability, efficiency, and security.
- auto-updated daily with latest security patches
- MacOS X themed web management interface
- easy to use configuration console (written from scratch in Python)
- packaged as an installable Live CD that runs on real machines and VMs
- based on Ubuntu 8.04.1 Hardy LTS
- minimal footprint (153MB) - includes only minimum required components
Could the Django installation documentation be updated to reference our Django software appliance?