Support for fixed Char database field
|Reported by:||aiev||Owned by:||nobody|
|Component:||Database layer (models, ORM)||Version:||master|
|Severity:||Keywords:||char, varchar, fixedcharfield, field|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
I know that in most situations we have to use an varchar column, but not always!
CharField intuitively mean an char column.
The semantics of my database is wrong when I need to create a column of type char unless I change it directly in the database, but its not elegant.
An FixedCharField (or something else) could resolve it. :/
This is a small detail, sorry if this has no importance
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by mtredinnick
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by efloehr
- Cc efloehr added
- Keywords fixedcharfield field added
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Summary changed from CharField create a varchar column to Support for fixed Char database field