Misleading comments in django.http.multipartparser.py
|Reported by:||KayEss||Owned by:||gwilson|
|Cc:||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
There are a number of comments in the file presumably left over from before the refactoring work. The patch simply removes some and rewords a few others.
- The input data is not a bytestring, it's a file. See my web site for a StringIO example.
- file_upload_dir isn't mentioned anywhere apart from in the comment. I guess that the upload handlers are now meant to deal with this.
The upload parser does also seem to be missing some error handling. It doesn't appear to check that it has parsed the same number of bytes as the specified content length and it certainly doesn't throw any sort of error if the input data is empty.
The patch is against r8047.
Change History (8)
Changed 7 years ago by KayEss
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by Piotr Lewandowski <django@…>
- Component changed from Uncategorized to HTTP handling
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by jacob
- milestone set to 1.1
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Ready for checkin
comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by gwilson
- Owner changed from nobody to gwilson
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by gwilson
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed