Move admin validation to only run as part of "validate" management command
|Reported by:||mtredinnick||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Normal practice within Django is that validation code is only run when requested, since code is correct more often than it is wrong. The admin validation code runs every time a URL conf file is imported and DEBUG = True. It should be moved to be part of the django-admin.py validate run.
This isn't entirely trivial, since it's a bit tied up with admin registration and that's an issue when admin.autodiscover() is used.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by mtredinnick
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by ramiro
- Triage Stage changed from Accepted to Design decision needed
comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by russellm
- Triage Stage changed from Design decision needed to Accepted