Incorrect 'UploadedFile' attributes on 'Request and response objects' page
|Reported by:||mrsanders||Owned by:||nobody|
|Cc:||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
The description of the FILES attribute of HttpRequest objects (at http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/request_response/#attributes) is incorrect:
A dictionary-like object containing all uploaded files. Each key in FILES is the name from the <input type="file" name="" />. Each value in FILES is an UploadedFile object containing the following attributes:
- read(num_bytes=None) — Read a number of bytes from the file.
- file_name — The name of the uploaded file.
- file_size — The size, in bytes, of the uploaded file.
- chunk() — A generator that yields sequential chunks of data.
The attributes file_name and file_size are actually called name and size.
Change History (5)
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by julien
- Has patch set
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted