Reduce amount of redundant code in django.contrib.localflavor
|Reported by:||Piotr Lewandowski <django@…>||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||yes|
There is a plenty of somehow redundant code in django.contrib.localflavor which leads to potentially more bugs and what is quite inconvenient -- many translation strings.
I would like to propose the patch that handles all fields with a checksum verification.
- a lot fewer translation strings, which is more consistent and means less work when translating Django to 50 languages,
- DRY compatible (and all benefits that it implies).
- backwards incompatible,
- new code may contain bugs (although all tests were OK).
I volunteer for further modifications of django.contrib.localflavor code to use NumberWithChecksumField if this patch is accepted.
Change History (11)
Changed 6 years ago by Piotr Lewandowski <django@…>
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by Piotr Lewandowski <django@…>
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by mtredinnick
- milestone set to post-1.0
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted