Missing information about autodiscover and admin.py in the tutorial and backwards incompatible page
|Reported by:||tome||Owned by:||jacob|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
From what I understand, using admin.py to specify admin related settings instead of entering it in models.py is the desired way in the new trunk version.
If this is the case, I suggest that the admin.austodiscover() should be explained in the tutorial.
Additionally, if this is the desired setup, maybe the autodiscover should be included but commented out in the urls.py for each project, or even be active if the admin site is imported.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by Karen Tracey <kmtracey@…>
- milestone set to 1.0 alpha
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by jacob
- Owner changed from nobody to jacob
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by jacob
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed