Mention DocumentRoot in Apache deployment docs
|Reported by:||gregglind||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
I understand that this may be my foolishness or oversight, but I was missing a DocumentRoot directive in my apache virtualhost config, causing 404 errors when I was looking in the /media directory. Maybe a slightly expanded discussion about how django handles django's urls, and apache handles things (in its normal way) when setHandler none is in effect would have helped me debug the error. I was spending time on the wrong path of MEDIA_ROOT, MEDIA_URL and the like.
Continue to be excellent!
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by serialx
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by gabrielhurley
- Keywords deployment added
- Summary changed from Perhaps mention DocumentRoot? to Mention DocumentRoot in Apache deployment docs