|Reported by:||ian@…||Owned by:||adrian|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
there is currently no way to edit the site table from the admin gui.
I also have a question if this table would be better as a setting in the settings file, and if it should be a URL prefix, not just a domain name.
the reasoning is as follows:
- you would be having a single app running in product/state/dev environments all with different hostnames (possibly different site-ids)
- it is 'another' thing to remember when you change your hostname that your site runs on.
- some sites would be hosted 'inside' a domain.. ie.. you could have one application running as http://foobar.example.com/blah and another seperate one on http://foobar.example.com/zxy the current site table doesn't allow for this. (or even redirecting to foobar.example.com I think)
another option would be to use the 'host:' header on the incoming request, and being able to just use that. having this as the 'default' option would be the one offering the least surprise. I would think
Change History (8)
comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by ian@…
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by adrian
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from reopened to closed
comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by anonymous
- Component changed from Admin interface to Metasystem
- milestone set to Version 1.0
- priority changed from normal to high
- Severity changed from normal to minor
- Type changed from enhancement to defect
- Version set to 0.91