[patch] Check for file permissions for proper error messages
|Reported by:||mbeachy@…||Owned by:||MarkusH|
|Cc:||MarkusH||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
This is a duplicate to #1194 with a simpler fix that only affects debug.py.
This problem bit me earlier today (in my first django installation) and while it wasn't *that* hard to figure out it would've saved me a good 20 minutes of poking around. Think of the newbies!
Also, FWIW the non-readability of templates was caused by a too-restrictive umask (0027) on my part; apparently data file installation from setup.py copies without modifying permissions, so I was stuck.
Change History (22)
Changed 9 years ago by mbeachy@…
comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by SmileyChris
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed
comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by carljm
- Easy pickings unset
- Triage Stage changed from Design decision needed to Accepted
- UI/UX unset
comment:9 Changed 3 years ago by dokterbob
- Owner changed from lrekucki to dokterbob
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:12 Changed 3 years ago by dokterbob
- Triage Stage changed from Accepted to Ready for checkin