Fix Documentation: User authentication in Django
|Reported by:||Piotr Lewandowski <django@…>||Owned by:||nobody|
|Cc:||django@…||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
An authentication backend is a class that implements two methods: ``get_user(id)`` and ``authenticate(**credentials)``. The ``get_user`` method takes an ``id`` -- which could be a username, database ID or whatever -- and returns a ``User`` object.
$ svn cat django/contrib/auth/backends.py | grep get_user def get_user(self, user_id):
Additionaly code below may suggest it is complete backend class while it doesn't have get_user() method.
class MyBackend: def authenticate(self, username=None, password=None): # Check the username/password and return a User.
Change History (6)
Changed 8 years ago by Piotr Lewandowski <django@…>
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by Piotr Lewandowski <django@…>
- Cc django@… added
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Summary changed from Documentation: User authentication in Django fix to Fix Documentation: User authentication in Django
comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by Simon G. <dev@…>
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Ready for checkin
comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by russellm
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed