Adding "add" support to the cache API
|Reported by:||crazyal||Owned by:||nobody|
|Component:||Core (Cache system)||Version:||master|
|Severity:||Keywords:||cache memcached sprintsept14|
|Cc:||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
The Django system has a "set" function for the cache backend which works with memcached which also has a "set" function.
But memcached also has an "add" function which the Django cache backend doesn't seem to support.
The "add" function becomes important with high traffic sites. If alot of requests are coming to the server and wanting to rebuild the cache, using "set" means each request will effectively try and set the cache which becomes a problem. The "add" function means it will only add the new cache if it hasn't already been added.
Change History (6)
Changed 9 years ago by Matt McClanahan <cardinal@…>
comment:1 follow-up: ↓ 2 Changed 9 years ago by Matt McClanahan <cardinal@…>
- Has patch set
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Summary changed from Adding "add" support to memcached cache_backend to Adding "add" support to the cache API
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed
comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by mattmcc
- Triage Stage changed from Design decision needed to Ready for checkin