Request for Model History to be merged into trunk (updated code supplied)
|Reported by:||Thom Linton <thom.linton@…>||Owned by:||adrian|
|Cc:||thom.linton@…, massimiliano.ravelli@…||Triage Stage:||Unreviewed|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
The 'fullhistory' branch has been lying dormant for a few months - so I've recently updated and implemented leftover functionality in a modified version of the branch. It is undoubtedly imperfect, but it should work in common use cases that the are checked by the included tests. The embedded docs should shed light on slight differences; however, tracking of additions, updates, deletions and reverts is done.
The tar consists of just the contrib subdirectory, should extract directly into django/contrib and 'work out of the box.'
Two issues that I think should be considered and debated w.r.t model history:
(1) it should probably provide some means (if end user-desired) of providing distinct tables for each revisioned object (for performance reasons)
(2) although it seems to function properly when embedded directly as django.contrib.modelhistory, I noticed some issues where it appeared that multiple
processes were calling the provided dispatcher.connect(...), in effect, doubling (or tripling) the changelog output.
Hopefully, these issues can be dealt with quickly, and this (imho) highly useful contrib app will be pushed into trunk soon.
Feedback/being-put-in-my-place greatly appreciated.
Change History (5)
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by Thom Linton <thom.linton@…>
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by Massimiliano Ravelli <massimiliano.ravelli@…>
- Cc massimiliano.ravelli@… added