raw_id_admin support direct visible repr of chosen object
|Reported by:||anonymous||Owned by:||nobody|
|Severity:||Keywords:||admin raw_id_admin sprintsept14|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
the current raw_id_admin ability of 0.96 does not show you the value you selected.
this is only visible after saving. also it does not show a change to the field only
the new id number in the box, but the old repr of the object stays until save.
i know this is entirely refactored in svn for the upcoming release with newformsadmin.
but i thought to still share this patch with u, for other people wanting to use raw_id_admin in the 0.96 release.
this patch changes 2 files in django/contrib/admin, to pass the extra information needed to add or change the title of the selected object in the field.
Change History (6)
Changed 9 years ago by anonymous
comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by anonymous
- Cc v.oostveen@… added
- Component changed from Uncategorized to Admin interface
- Has patch set
- Keywords admin raw_id_admin added
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Owner changed from jacob to adrian
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Version changed from SVN to 0.96
comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by Collin Grady <cgrady@…>
- Summary changed from [patch] raw_id_admin support direct visible repr of chosen object to raw_id_admin support direct visible repr of chosen object
comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by webjunkie
- Keywords sprintsept14 added
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted