Unclear wording in mod_python docs
|Reported by:||jon.i.austin@…||Owned by:||jacob|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Seems like the below section should be removed and PythonPath "['/path/to/project'] + sys.path" should simply be appended to the <Location... apache directive under Basic Configuration.
I assume by PYTHONPATH an environment variable is meant (which does not exist under my bash env), but in order for apache/mod_python to see my project I did indeed have to add the below code directly within <Location...
Basic Configuration ... Also, if you’ve manually altered your PYTHONPATH to put your Django project on it, you’ll need to tell mod_python: PythonPath "['/path/to/project'] + sys.path"
Change History (4)
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by SmileyChris
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Summary changed from incorrect wording in "How to use Django with mod_python" ? to Unclear wording in mod_python docs
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed
comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by mtredinnick
- Triage Stage changed from Design decision needed to Accepted