Changeset  MySQLdb versioncheck not working.
|Reported by:||derelm||Owned by:||adrian|
|Component:||Database layer (models, ORM)||Version:||master|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
# django/db/backends/mysql/base.py import MySQLdb as Database #[...] if Database.version_info < (1,2,1,'final',2): raise ImportError, "MySQLdb-1.2.1p2 or newer is required; you have %s" % MySQLdb.__version__
Debian Sarge comes with MySQLdb 1.2.1.g2 but the check effectively doesn't kick in.
>>> (1,2,1,'gamma',2) < (1,2,1,'final',2) False
Also MySQLdb has been imported as Database so the Error raised needs to be
raise ImportError, "MySQLdb-1.2.1p2 or newer is required; you have %s" % Database.__version__
Change History (9)
comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by Simon G. <dev@…>
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Summary changed from Changeset  MySQLdb versioncheck not working to Changeset  MySQLdb versioncheck not working.
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by mtredinnick
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed