Allow month-based date_list on archive_index
|Reported by:||anonymous||Owned by:||dtulig|
|Severity:||Normal||Keywords:||date_list month generic view|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||yes|
I was trying to create a blog index, similar to the Django weblog, which has a Month and Year archive sidebar.
I figured the correct thing to use was the archive_index generic view, but the date list only gives me years.
I can almost see the reason for this, as archive_index would drill down to archive_year, but it's rare that you would list the years first except for very long-running blogs.
I propose a new argument to archive_index of "date_list_period" which can be 'year' (default) or 'month'.
Change History (20)
comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by SmileyChris
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed
comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by dtulig
- Has patch set
- Keywords sprintdec01 added
- Owner changed from nobody to dtulig
Changed 8 years ago by dtulig
comment:4 Changed 8 years ago by Simon G <dev@…>
- Triage Stage changed from Accepted to Ready for checkin
Changed 8 years ago by ramiro
Changed 7 years ago by ramiro
comment:9 Changed 6 years ago by mtredinnick
- Patch needs improvement set
- Triage Stage changed from Ready for checkin to Accepted
comment:14 Changed 4 years ago by Marc Tamlyn <marc.tamlyn@…>
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed