New release of django-jython
|Reported by:||beachmachine||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
I have just done a new release of django-jython, which supports Django 1.7. It's a complete rewrite of the old codebase, and I'm trying to keep the database backends as close as possible to the backends Django ships with, thus it's easier to keep up with Django.
I guess that this Wiki entry should be updated: Running Django on Jython
Some important notes:
- The minimal required version of Jython is 2.7b2.
- Django's image fields are not supported as they require Pillow - which is not available on Jython.
- Supported database backends are SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL and MSSQL. If someone wants to contribute a Oracle backend, any help is appreciated.
- django-jython will keep beta as long as Django 1.7 is not released. As soon as it is, and django-jython passes the tests, it will go final.
Change History (4)
comment:1 Changed 21 months ago by bmispelon
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
- Type changed from Uncategorized to Cleanup/optimization
comment:3 Changed 21 months ago by Tim Graham <timograham@…>
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed