clarification on windows install and setup detail
|Reported by:||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
I noticed that the windows install for my own machine was confusing to figure out, but takes 3 minutes once going. I wrote a five step guide starting with python and git installed for a manual installation on windows using git. I'm using windows xp, python 2.7.8, git 1.9.4.msysgit.0
- find the site-packages directory in your python install with the shell command - [python -c "import site; print(site.getsitepackages())"]
- cd to that site-packages directory
- in shell - [git clone https://github.com/django/django.git django-trunk]
- still in shell - [cd django-trunk]
- now in the django-trunk directory in shell - [python setup.py install]
Also, I found a typo in the development version setup doc - https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/intro/tutorial01/
The command shown - [$ django-admin.py startproject mysite] should be [$ django-admin startproject mysite] for 1.7 and above. The github repo shows the typo on line 56 - https://github.com/django/django/blob/master/docs/intro/tutorial01.txt.
Would it be quicker to submit a pull request for something this minor next time?