Reorganize code in django.db.backends
|Reported by:||aaugustin||Owned by:||timgraham|
|Component:||Database layer (models, ORM)||Version:||master|
|Cc:||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Currently, database backends are split in modules inconsistently. For example:
- in the base implementation, most classes are defined in init.py; in actual backends, most classes are in base.py;
- in the base implementation, BaseDatabaseCreation and BaseDatabaseSchemaEditor have their own modules while other classes are defined in init.py;
- the postgresql backend has an operations.py, other backends don't.
It would be easier to make cross-backend changes if the code was organized consistently.
Considering the size of the classes involved, I think we should put each class it its own module.
Change History (13)
comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by gchp
- Owner changed from nobody to gchp
- Status changed from new to assigned