Geodjango spatial functions should leverage mysql 5.6 spatial functions.
|Reported by:||visu||Owned by:||visu|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||yes|
Starting from 5.6 version, mysql implemented spatial functions properly.
(ie, similar to postgis, mysql also supports ST_Contains, ST_Within and other ST_ queries.)
Geodjango currently implements polycontains and other queries for mysql as "MBRContains" instead of "Contains"
This needs to be fixed.
related Ticket :
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 16 months ago by claudep
- Component changed from Uncategorized to GIS
- Has patch unset
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
- Version changed from 1.6 to master