pip can install from tarballs as well
|Reported by:||omer.drow@…||Owned by:||gregloy|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||yes|
The download page recommends downloading the tarball and unpacking it and running setup.py.
There's no reason to do so anymore since pip can install python packages from tarballs.
The documentation should be changed in my opinion.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by mjtamlyn
- Component changed from Documentation to *.djangoproject.com
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:3 Changed 2 years ago by gregloy
- Owner changed from nobody to gregloy
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:5 Changed 2 years ago by gregloy
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed