auth.User Email - non-RFC spec normalization
|Reported by:||ross@…||Owned by:|
|Severity:||Normal||Keywords:||authentication, email, filter, get, error nlsprint14|
|Cc:||FunkyBob, eromijn@…||Triage Stage:||Accepted|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
when a user signs up with Monkey@…
auth.User.object.normalize_email() saves the email as Monkey@… to conform with RFC.
But future lookups will return None due to BadDomain.com != baddomain.com where the user continually enters Monkey@… because thats what in their muscle/chrome memory.
- normalize_email is applied at the orm level, but should (also?) be applied at the Field level to help with this problem.
Change History (4)
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by erikr
- Cc eromijn@… added
- Keywords nlsprint14 added
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Owner changed from nobody to erikr
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Status changed from new to assigned