Allow modifying the SQL generated by lookups
|Reported by:||shmishleniy@…||Owned by:||nobody|
|Component:||Database layer (models, ORM)||Version:||master|
|Severity:||Normal||Keywords:||postgresql like ilike icontains|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
I know that you guys rejected all issues to implement LIKE and ILIKE
Sorry but I would like to try one more time because I don't understand this limitation of your orm system.
- We need to update fieldlookup-contains docs . There is no specified about your guys fixes of icontains (UPPER LIKE instead of ILIKE) on Postgressql database.
- Regarding postgres backend should optimize iexact searches task (GitHub source code) we have auto optimization that forced us to use UPPER LIKE. For fully functional orm system is good practice to give your users possibility to "easy" build whatever they like request. Now on postgresql database "out of the box" we can't use ILIKE at all. We always need to add custom lookup to manage with this problem.
Example of ILIKE/UPPER LIKE usage ypou can find in my comment
Change History (13)
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by akaariai
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Summary changed from orm limitations to Allow modifying the SQL generated by lookups
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
- Version changed from 1.6 to master