Stop supporting models in non-installed apps
|Reported by:||aaugustin||Owned by:||Aymeric Augustin <aymeric.augustin@…>|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
The app registry is explicitly designed to support models outside installed applications.
This doesn't seem particularly useful and makes the code more complicated than necessary.
However, the consequences on backwards compatibility are hairy. If users simply add the missing apps to their INSTALLED_APPS settings, their project could start loading the wrong templates, static files, etc.
This change shouldn't be made lightly.
Change History (25)
comment:10 Changed 18 months ago by aaugustin
- Owner changed from nobody to aaugustin
- Severity changed from Normal to Release blocker
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:15 Changed 18 months ago by aaugustin
- Has patch unset
- Severity changed from Release blocker to Normal
comment:16 Changed 18 months ago by aaugustin
- Owner aaugustin deleted
- Status changed from assigned to new