Configurable request parsing.
|Reported by:||tomchristie||Owned by:||tomchristie|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
This ticket if for implementing a request parsing API that ensures the Request objects can nicely handle JSON and other submitted types in addition the the existing multipart parsing.
The proposed API is based on this discussion: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/django-developers/request.DATA/django-developers/s8OZ9yNh-8c/oCbNL5x6avAJ
- request.DATA or request.data for accessing the parsed data.
- request.parsers or similar for modifying the parsers prior to parsing on a per-view basis.
- request.accepted_parser or similar for branching on media type if needed.
- A setting REQUEST_PARSERS or similar, that controls the default set of installed parsers.
Change History (5)
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by timo
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:3 Changed 21 months ago by tomchristie
- Owner changed from nobody to tomchristie
- Status changed from new to assigned