Outdated way to change admin site header in tutorial02
|Reported by:||vajrasky||Owned by:||vajrasky|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||yes|
In the development version (1.7 if you come from the future) of tutorial02, the way to change admin site header ("Django administration") is wrong. It tells us to override the template and:
"Then, just edit the file and replace the generic Django text with your own site’s name as you see fit."
But there is no "generic Django text".
I think the proper way is to subclass admin site and change site_header class attribute.
Change History (8)
comment:1 Changed 22 months ago by vajrasky
- Has patch set
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:2 Changed 22 months ago by chrismedrela
- Summary changed from In 1.7 (master) version of tutorial02, the way to change admin site header is wrong to Outdated way to change admin site header in tutorial02
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted