Allow cache tag to use specified cache config.
|Reported by:||FunkyBob||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Currently the cache tag will use the default cache - always.
However, the staticfiles app, for instance, can be configured as to which it will use.
I propose the following:
- Add a new setting (called DEFAULT_TEMPLATE_FRAGMENT_CACHE in the PR) to specify which to use by default.
- Extend the cache tag to allow the last argument to be using="cache name", falling back to the default if it doesn't exist.
Current code is:
I'm just working on the tests and final documentation updates.
Change History (15)
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by timo
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:14 Changed 2 years ago by Tim Graham <timograham@…>
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed