Remove Python 2.6 specific code/docs
|Reported by:||Tim Graham||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Pull request forthcoming which addresses the following issues
- Added Python version requirements to 1.7 release notes.
- Removed some mentions of Python 2.6 from the docs.
- Removed skipping of tests on Python 2.6
- Removed mention of Python 2.6 from a comment
- Removed an unnecessary check in django.utils.itercompat now that Python 2.6 is not supported.
- Removed a Python 2.6 bug workaround in django.core.mail.message
- Removed django.test.testcases.StoppableWSGIServer.
I didn't edit the GIS docs. There's one section for pyslite2 that starts "If you are on Python 2.6" but I didn't modify it as there many be other changes besides just removing this and I'm not knowledgeable about it.