Allow users to select a default version of the docs
|Reported by:||john.obrien@…||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
I've recently noticed that every time I visit the djangoproject.com website, I have to select which version of the django docs to view. I am aware that the URLs reflect which version of the documentation to view, but I invariably Google the question to see if there is an answer on StackOverflow or elsewhere, before clicking on the relevant link displayed in my Google search results and ending up back on the django docs website.
I'd like to humbly request an enhancement to the site where after I've chosen a version of the django docs to view, the site remembers which version I'm viewing (perhaps be setting a cookie), and upon subsequent visits, the site does not ask me which version of the django docs to view.
Change History (4)
comment:1 Changed 21 months ago by timo
- Component changed from Documentation to *.djangoproject.com
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:2 Changed 5 months ago by timgraham
- Summary changed from Requested enhancement of djangoproject.com website to Allow users to select a default version of the docs