Clarify the use of AbstractBaseUser.REQUIRED_FIELDS
|Reported by:||ChocolateCookies||Owned by:||craigbruce|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
class User( AbstractUser ): REQUIRED_FIELDS = [ 'first_name', 'last_name', 'email' ] USERNAME_FIELD = 'username'
AUTH_USER_MODEL = 'core.User'
When manage.py syncdb is called, the Superuser creation wizard properly asks for first name, last name and email, in addition to username and password.
However, when creating a User in the admin interface, the fields first name, last name and email address can be left blank. Should this be the case, or is it a bug?
Change History (9)
comment:1 Changed 21 months ago by bmispelon
- Easy pickings set
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Summary changed from Overriding User::REQUIRED_FIELDS works for creating su, but not in admin site to Clarify the use of AbstractBaseUser.REQUIRED_FIELDS
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
- Type changed from Bug to Cleanup/optimization
comment:5 Changed 18 months ago by craigbruce
- Owner changed from nobody to craigbruce
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:7 Changed 18 months ago by Tim Graham <timograham@…>
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed