Allow extending the default auth permissions
|Reported by:||philipn||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Currently, Django provides 'change', 'add', and 'delete' as base permissions which are created on syncdb. I know you can set custom permissions on a per-model basis by listing them in Meta, but sometimes you want a global base permission, e.g. 'view' (this is my use case).
It looks like it may be possible to just use a setting variable in contrib.auth.management to accomplish this.
Currently using this workaround: http://blog.nyaruka.com/adding-a-view-permission-to-django-models
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by akaariai
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
- Version changed from 1.5 to master
comment:2 Changed 12 months ago by timgraham
- Summary changed from Custom base permissions to Allow extending the default auth permissions