Replace admin icons images by inline SVG
|Reported by:||loic84||Owned by:||anonymous|
|Cc:||idangazit, riccardo.magliocchetti@…||Triage Stage:||Accepted|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||yes|
Some of the benefits of using an icon font:
- Resolution independence: works well on Retina displays.
- Can be customized by CSS: color, opacity, shadow, etc.
- Most icon fonts offer a large collection of commonly used icons - while remaining small in file size - covering possible future needs.
- Widespread browser support, including IE7 support.
I'd like to suggest Font-Awesome which is actively maintained, currently offers 361 icons and whose license is compatible with BSD.
A quick glance at the img assets of django.contrib.admin showed that most if not all icons have an equivalent in Font-Awesome.
Note: This issue was discussed on IRC with Idan and follows previous discussion on #19900.
Change History (22)
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by aaugustin
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:3 Changed 2 years ago by Einar Johannsson <hey@…>
- Owner changed from nobody to anonymous
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:6 Changed 14 months ago by iamstephenkerr
comment:11 Changed 4 months ago by timgraham
- Summary changed from Replace admin icons images by an icon font. to Replace admin icons images by inline SVG
comment:15 Changed 4 months ago by collinanderson
comment:21 Changed 3 months ago by Tim Graham <timograham@…>
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed