Allow ModelForm to override error messages defined in model fields.
|Reported by:||loic84||Owned by:||loic84|
|Cc:||bmispelon@…, timograham@…||Triage Stage:||Accepted|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Currently error messages generated by model fields bypass error messages defined in ModelForm fields and leak to the end user.
This issue was brough up on the ML: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-developers/KlmdlR59vuc/e1HQpAwMYhoJ
After discussion with carljm on IRC, we came to the conclusion that allowing such override would be an improvement.
Change History (19)
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by claudep
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:5 Changed 2 years ago by loic84
- Owner changed from nobody to loic84
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:13 Changed 22 months ago by Tim Graham <timograham@…>
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed