create_superuser fails on Windows XP/Python 3.2
|Reported by:||tim.needham@…||Owned by:||nobody|
|Severity:||Normal||Keywords:||enter yes no|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
You can't seem to create a new project 1.5, on Windows XP (I've no choice!) running Python 3.2....
The trouble seems to be here:
The "create_superuser" function depends on input()... however, it's suffixed with an odd character (new line or similar?) that doesn't to equate to "no" or "yes" and so goes in an infinite loop. This project creation.
Throwing a .rstrip() onto the end of input() seems to fix it!
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 16 months ago by anonymous
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Summary changed from create)superuse fails on Windows XP/Python 3.2 to create_superuser fails on Windows XP/Python 3.2
comment:2 Changed 16 months ago by aaugustin
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed