Double redirect with APPEND_SLASH and i18n_patterns
|Reported by:||ssteinberger@…||Owned by:||bpeschier|
|Severity:||Normal||Keywords:||redirect, i18n, append_slash|
|Cc:||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Just a thought:
Using settings.APPEND_SLASH = True in combination with i18n_patterns may lead to unnecessary redirects, like so:
Opening URL: "/some_i18n_url"
Redirect to: "/en/some_i18n_url"
Redirect to: "/en/some_i18n_url/"
It would be more efficient to combine those redirects into.
Change History (5)
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by claudep
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:3 Changed 14 months ago by bpeschier
- Has patch set
- Owner changed from nobody to bpeschier
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:4 Changed 14 months ago by timgraham
- Triage Stage changed from Accepted to Ready for checkin