ModelAdmin.fields and ModelAdmin.fieldset not very detailed documented
|Reported by:||Patrick Strasser <patrick@…>||Owned by:||zsiciarz|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
ModelAdmin.fields and ModelAdmin.fieldset are not very detailed documented compared to ModelAdmin.display_list. It is not clear if only fields or callables too can be used, and how to do so. In fact, callables need to be in readonly_fields, which is quite logical after you found out, but no hint is given in the documentation.
This could be presented in comparison to the "list" display properties, where you have to state so if you want to make fields editable.
Maybe noteworth is some hint about callables that you want to make writable. I guess in that case a custom Field would be the Right Thing (?).
Change History (7)
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by carljm
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
- Type changed from Uncategorized to New feature
comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by zsiciarz
- Owner changed from nobody to zsiciarz
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by zsiciarz
- Has patch set
- Type changed from New feature to Cleanup/optimization
comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by Tim Graham <timograham@…>
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed