Make all testing tools importable from django.test
|Reported by:||akaariai||Owned by:||marfire|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Currently it is nearly impossible to remember which module has which testing item. For example:
- expectedFailure, skipUnlessDBFeature, ... is from django.test
- skipIf is from django.utils.unittest
- override_setting is from django.test.utils
- parse_html from django.test.html
I can't remember where to import these. I will always do a git grep in the test directory to see the correct import location. I would like to be able to import everything from django.test. Or at least django.utils.unittest.* + override_settings.
Is there some reason for the current split?
Change History (4)
comment:2 Changed 10 months ago by marfire
- Owner changed from nobody to marfire
- Status changed from new to assigned