"STATIC_ROOT" directory usage is unclear in "settings.py"
|Reported by:||retail79174@…||Owned by:||nobody|
|Component:||Core (Management commands)||Version:||1.4|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
In Django 1.3.4 at least, the default "settings.py" contains comments for the multitude of variables related to the handling of static files, but does not clarify their relationship (and help teach the newcomer about the command) by mentioning
Please change the comment on "STATIC_ROOT" to include text of the form:
Before starting your Django server, you must execute the command "manage.py collectstatic",
which will copy all the static files found into this directory. If you later change
the static files, you must re-execute that command.
Change History (4)
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by aaugustin
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:3 Changed 2 years ago by anonymous
- Summary changed from Default "settings.py" does not mention the role of "collectstatic" to "STATIC_ROOT" directory usage is unclear in "settings.py"