assertRegexpMatches is deprecated on Python 3
|Reported by:||claudep||Owned by:||aaugustin|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
We have currently three occurrences of assertRegexpMatches in Django testing code, and those raise a DeprecationWarning on Python 3.
- add a compatibility function in six, like we did for assertRaisesRegexp/assertRaisesRegex
- it has been suggested on IRC to add those aliases on SimpleTestCase instead, probably a little cleaner, but then the warning will be shown when those methods are used on a bare unittest.TestCase.
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by aaugustin
- Triage Stage changed from Design decision needed to Accepted
comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by aaugustin
- Owner changed from nobody to aaugustin
- Status changed from new to assigned