Add django.contrib.redirects setting for redirect status.
|Reported by:||Melevir||Owned by:||Melevir|
|Cc:||Melevir, unai@…||Triage Stage:||Accepted|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||yes|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
At the moment django.contrib.redirects redirects only with status 301(Moved Permanently).
It doesn't allow to use django.contrib.redirects if user needs temporary redirect (one of 302/303/307).
This can be solved easily with with adding optional parameter REDIRECT_STATUS_CODE=301/302/303/307.
It will make redirects middleware more flexible and convenient.
Change History (8)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by claudep
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
- Type changed from Uncategorized to New feature
- Version changed from 1.4 to master
Changed 4 years ago by aaugustin
comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by Tim Graham <timograham@…>
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed