unnecessary SRID lookup makes coordinate transform from custom SRS to standard SRS fail
|Reported by:||reidpr@…||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Running the attached script crashes with django.contrib.gis.gdal.error.SRSException: Unsupported SRS.. It shouldn't, as the CoordTransform object contains complete information for the transformation.
The problem seems to be that the SRID of point b is looked up before the transformation, and this lookup fails (as is expected, because it's a custom SRS). But the lookup is not necessary, because the SRID of point b is ignored during the transformation (which can be demonstrated by substituting a bogus SRID on b before the transformation -- the results are still correct).
This is Django version 1.4.1 on:
- Fedora 14 with custom-compiled GDAL 1.9.2, GEOS 3.3.5, and PROJ4 4.8.0
- Debian Wheezy with GDAL 1.9.0, GEOS 3.3.3, and PROJ4 4.7.0 that came with the OS.
Change History (5)
Changed 21 months ago by reidpr@…
comment:1 Changed 21 months ago by claudep
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted