Document that ModelChoiceField is only useful when the number of items is relatively small
|Reported by:||poirier||Owned by:||nobody|
|Cc:||smuss||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
The response to ticket #15957 at https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/15957#comment:1 says:
You shouldn't use ModelChoiceField for more than 1000 entries. Anyway, it becomes very quickly unusable beyond 100 entries.
It would be helpful if this were added to the ModelChoiceField documentation.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by claudep
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
- Type changed from Bug to Cleanup/optimization
- Version changed from 1.3 to SVN