Release process could use some more detail about beta and release candidates
|Reported by:||ptone||Owned by:||aaugustin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
I think it is a bit unclear about what counts as a qualifying change later in the release cycle.
The three phases don't shed much light about what kind of bugs can be filed for alpha, beta, and RC stages
In general I think the feeling is that only Release Blockers/Regressions should be committed at RC stage?
However, in many projects - alpha implies not feature frozen, however that is what is stated by the docs by saying that alpha marks transition from feature adding, to bug fixing.
As the core team increases - having a little clarification in the docs would help.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by ptone
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed
comment:3 Changed 17 months ago by timo
- Triage Stage changed from Design decision needed to Accepted
comment:4 Changed 14 months ago by aaugustin
- Owner changed from nobody to aaugustin
- Status changed from new to assigned