Distance lookups using ST_Distance_Sphere fails with PostGis 1.5.3
|Reported by:||ogirardot@…||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Description (last modified by kmtracey)
i've worked a lot to make this work, and i just can't figure it out right now, so i'm opening a ticket. This is related to #16778 and my point of view right now is that it's a problem about how the EWKB Binary object gets created.
My problem is that, i've CommentAddress objects with PointField (srid=4326) and an Address with a PointField (srid=4326 too), i do a simple distance lookup request :
And it fails with :
File ".../django/db/backends/postgresql_psycopg2/base.py", line 53, in execute return self.cursor.execute(query, args) DatabaseError: geometry_distance_spheroid: Operation on two GEOMETRIES with different SRIDs
But both are the proper srids, the problem is that the query that gets created is :
select St_Distance_Sphere(geopoint, ST_GeomFromEWKB('\x01010000001f7932dea0670240486469f173704840'::bytea)) from frontend_commentaddress;
But when i do myself the ST_AsEWKB on the same precise object i get a very different EWKB and the query - works :
select St_Distance_Sphere(geopoint, ST_GeomFromEWKB('\001\001\000\000 \346\020\000\000\037y1\336\240g\002@Hdi\361spH@'::bytea)) from frontend_commentaddress;
I tried to use self._adapter.adapted (which looks really better with a H@ at the end) instead of self._adapter.getquoted() into the postgis adapter but it doesn't work as it's unicode translated into bytes... Anyway i'm missing something there and can't get it working.
This is a real blocker, and it seems that this is crashing my local runserver (no stacktrace no log, just crashed).
Thank you for your help.
Here are my versions and what i tried :
Django 1.4 trunk (as of today)
"POSTGIS="1.5.3" GEOS="3.3.2-CAPI-1.7.2" PROJ="Rel. 4.7.1, 23 September 2009" LIBXML="2.7.3" USE_STATS (procs from 1.5 r5976 need upgrade)"
"PostgreSQL 9.1.3 on x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0, compiled by i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5664), 64-bit"
both installed with homebrew. (on mac os lion)
Change History (9)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by anonymous
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset