utils.dictconfig and utils.unittest don't work with python 3.0 and 3.1
|Reported by:||adsworth||Owned by:||adsworth|
|Cc:||adsworth||Triage Stage:||Design decision needed|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
utils.log imports the django specific copy of dictconfig is the import from the stdlib fails.
The copy is a copy of the 2.X version of dictconfig.py and this version does not work with py3k.
We can now either:
- adapt the copy to work with py3k
- also copy the py3k version of dictconfig and if the import from the stdlib fails make a conditional import depending on if we are running a version >= 3 or not.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by adsworth
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Summary changed from utls.dictconfig doesn't work with python 3 to utils.dictconfig doesn't work with python 3
comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by aaugustin
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed
comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by aaugustin
- Summary changed from utils.dictconfig doesn't work with python 3 to utils.dictconfig and utils.unittest don't work with python 3.0 and 3.1