Django's ignorable 404 list should include iphone favicons
|Reported by:||PaulM||Owned by:||aaugustin|
|Cc:||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
The ignorable 404 list in global_settings should include some patterns to suppress the awful racket that iphones can make when hitting a site.
Specifically, the IGNORABLE_404_STARTS setting should include 'apple-touch-icon.png' for sure.
It's debatable if it should also include '/m/', '/mobi/, '/mobile/', '/iphone/', and /pda/. I'm not sure if those are a bot, or actually some versions of the phone itself, but 404s for those urls are pretty common.
Change History (10)
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by aaugustin
- Easy pickings unset
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed
comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by aaugustin
- Owner changed from nobody to aaugustin
- Triage Stage changed from Design decision needed to Accepted
Changed 3 years ago by aaugustin
comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by lukeplant
- Patch needs improvement set
- Type changed from Cleanup/optimization to New feature