urlize and urlizetrunc template filter docs need expansion
|Reported by:||gabrielhurley||Owned by:||gabrielhurley|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Description (last modified by gabrielhurley)
I was looking at the source code for the urlize filter today and realized the following:
- The docstring for django.utils.html.urlize has much better documentation than the reference docs do.
- The autoescape keyword argument to both the urlize and urlizetrunc template filters is not documented.
- The nofollow argument to django.utils.html.urlize is always passed as True by django.template.defaultfilters.urlize and django.template.defaultfilters.urlizetrunc. While this is a good default, it definitely needs to be documented.
All of the above needs to be incorporated into the docs for those two filters, and they need both more and better examples.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by gabrielhurley
- Description modified (diff)
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
Changed 4 years ago by adamv
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by claudep
- Has patch set
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by gabrielhurley
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed