Make `makemessages --help` more useful
|Reported by:||lsaffre||Owned by:||nobody|
|Component:||Core (Management commands)||Version:||master|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Calling django-admin makemessages Without any option gives::
Error: Type 'django-admin.py help makemessages' for usage.
But calling django-admin help makemessages doesn't produce a very clear documentation. Suggestions:
- the overview description should mention that one of options -l and -a is required.
- remove the word "only" in description of -l option ("Creates or updates the message files for the given locale (e.g. pt_BR).")
- change the description of -a option to "Updates the message files for all existing locales."
Change History (4)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by jezdez
- Component changed from Uncategorized to django-admin.py
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted